Hello hello my little book loving animals?! Are the TBR’s exploding yet?!! If you’re like me than this month flew by at a completely UNREASONABLE speed – my time has been whisked away by candy canes and holiday MADNESS.
And somehow we have now entered 2023?@!!!?
That being said December ended up being a VERY successful reading month for me!!! We made our reading challenge for the year (and even surpassed it?!?! Who am I??? Who have I become??? actually setting goals and *achieving* them?!?) *claps*
That being said on to the BOOKS!!! *snaps*
What I Read Last Month:
Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score – 5 stars –
This book was so cute!!! I have to be honest I was sure about it in the first half – but then BAM the second half hit and I could not stop turning the pages!! So, so good. Just an overall very solid grumpy/sunshine romance! Cannot wait for the sequel 🙂
Lore Olympus Vol 2 by Rachel Smitme – 5 stars –
I love this graphic novel!!! The second installment had me even more invested than the first and I cannot WAIT to read more!!
The Roommate by Rosie Daman – 4 stars –
This book was SO GOOD! It was not what I expected in the best way. I loved Josh – I though he was such a caring and interesting and soft character. And I loved learning more about his job and the background behind it. Overall I thought this book had a very fascinating premise and I need to get to the sequel this year!!
Twisted Love by Ana Huang – 4 stars –
This book was good. I liked it. But it kind of felt like something I may have read before?! However I think the series has great potential and I am already deeply INVESTED in the next books couple and need it ASAP.
All He’ll Ever Be by W. Winters – 4 stars –
This book was CHUNKY. It ended up being four books in one (the whole series published in one book) and let me tell you this book was DARK. Maybe one of the darkest books I have ever read. Its a mafia romance and I was too invested to stop turning the pages. But it is the kind of book that weighs heavily on your mind and on your heart after you finish reading it. So many parts crossed the line and made it hard for me to continue but I couldn’t stop reading in the hopes that things would lighten up. Amazing writing and super unique plot line. I’m interested to see what W. Winters writes next!
In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren – 5 stars –
I LOVED this book!!! This book was a fun SUGAR COVERED GUMDROP and I devoured it at an unnatural speed. SO fun, super cute, and I loved the whole time warp trope of repeating the same day over and over again. The romance in this was so cute and I love everything I have read by Christina Lauren so far 🙂 A great Christmas romance!
A Princess for Christmas by Jenny Holiday – 5 stars –
Another Christmas romance for the win! This book took me by surprise. I went in having very low expectations but DANG did this book surprise me. I love love loved Leo (he was sexyyyy) and the steam level in this was *chefs kiss* Great well paced plot, and super lovable characters. It was like the smutty version of a hallmark movie – in a good way!!! Loved it 🙂
Duke of Midnight by Elizabeth Hoyt – 5 stars –
ELIZABETH HOYT IS *chefs kiss, chefs kiss, chefs kiss* SO good!!! This is definelty one of my favorite of hers in the series. It was such a fabulous plot and I loved the action, paired with the yearning and undeniable angst – throw in some near death experiences and some snarky enemy banter and this book was sheer perfection. Loved it.
Sweetest Scoundrel by Elizabeth Hoyt – 5 stars – (reread)
I WILL NEVER STOP RAVING ABOUT THIS BOOK. Asa Makepeace is one of my favorite characters ever written and I adore him and Eve with every piece of my heart. One of my favorite books of all time. Super unique, amazing writing, and a plot I could not put down. AMAZING!!!
Leo by Mia Sheridan – 5 stars –
I LOVED this one!!!! Mia Sheridan is an incredible author and this book was no exception. I loved how broken both of the main characters were and how they were able to lean on one another and hold each others hearts in times of darkness. Plus that plot twists?!?! *Mind. Blown.* I simply need all of the books in this series please and thank you.
Midnight Lily by Mia Sheridan – 5 stars –
Another Mia Sheridan for the WIN!!! This was even more unique than Leo and I wasn’t too sure about it until the end. Both the characters in this book just fall for one another so hard and I love their devotion and bone deep acceptance of one another. This book crawled into my emotions and lived there. So freaking good!!!
Lore Olympus vol 3 by Rachel Smtthe – 5 stars –
Another great installment to a fabulous graphic novel!!! The next book can not come soon enough 🙂 I love Hades and Persephone!!! *heart eyes*
This month was reading GOLD!!! SO many 5 star reads it just seems like every book was better than the last and I could not stop devouring them like addictive chocolate coated CANDY!!? 10/10 reading month. Also I didn’t realize I read 12 BOOKS this month??!? *pauses in shock* I honestly do not know how this was achieved. But I am thanking the bookish gods. #successfulreadingmonth
Blog Goals for 2023:
- Blog more!!! I’m hoping to post more content more consistently this year. I’m hoping to get one post out a week but realistically am putting the goal at trying to get at least 3 posts published per month!
- Read the physical books I own. This is hard because I am a mood reader and tend to read whatever I feel like at the moment but I’m hoping to get all the physical books read on my TBR – I have no space lol. Donating needs to happen.
- Read the e-books I have on my kindle. Of course this is the opposite of reading my physical books but I also have a lot of e books I need to get through. We’ll see if I get to this goal – haha!
- Read more series. Lately I have been in the mood to binge read some series and I’m hoping this year I will finally be able to get to some!
- Go to a book signing event! I keep hearing more about these and would love the chance to meet some of my favorite authors in person and get some books signed! Who knows maybe this summer?
- I’m still working at the jewelry store near me and am hoping to continue to work there during the beginning of the year and start my job search for a more permanent career!
- I got some new books this Christmas!! Please share down below your bookish hauls!!! I need to live vicariously through your shopping habits lol
- I’m starting to get more into pen paling finally!! I actually need to catch up on some letters and have been procrastinating lol
- I started a couple new shows on Netflix! Including the documentary on Megan and Harry (although I’m only a couple of episodes in – so far I am intrigued) please drop your show recs below though!! I am looking for more to watch and distract myself from life *claps*
Thats all for now! What about you all?? Read any new books?! Have any good recommendations!? Let me know in the comments below!